PLAY WITH US!
EMERGING ARTIST CHAIRS
Audition Date: Monday 16 March 2020
Venue: Holy Innocents Church, Paddenswick Road, London W6 0UB (Nearest tube: Ravenscourt Park, District Line)
AUDITION DAY 2020
La Serenissima invites applications from instrumentalists who:
- Love Italian baroque music
- Play on period-instruments: violin, viola, cello, bass, oboe & bassoon
- Are postgraduate level OR recently graduated OR in the early stages of a freelance career
- Are under 30 years of age
- Have appropriate legal status to accept paid work in the UK
To apply to audition, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 1 March 2020, telling us your name and instrument & attaching a CV that covers:
- Your course of study & teacher
- Relevant experience
- The name of 2 referees & their contact details
- Your date of birth & nationality
- Please come prepared to play excerpts from 2 pieces of your choice – bear in mind we mostly play Italian baroque music!
- Auditions will be at Venetian pitch ie. A=440 Hz (although wind players are welcome to audition at A=415 Hz if necessary)
- There will be a harpsichordist to accompany auditions, so do bring continuo parts NB there wont be the chance to rehearse
- We’ll be running audition slots throughout the day and into the early-evening subject to demand and we’ll let you know about confirmed slots by 6 March
- La Serenissima is not able to pay applicants’ expenses for auditioning
If you have any questions, just ask us!
The Audition Day for our Emerging Artist Chairs scheme is generously supported by Mary Kane & Tony Loader